Thursday, April 03, 2008

4-1-08 April Fool's and a otched workout (37 of 92)

I was supposed to do a swim/bike workout today, but an event at the Sportsplex had the whole place shut down. So I headed home and took the bike to the dam. I figured the water temp was probably still way too low to consider an open water swim.

I caught up with Steph while she was out for her run, and ran the last 1/4 mile of her run with her. Then I headed for the hills. Since I wasn't able to swim, I decided to run some hill repeats, then do my time on the bike. The hill I chose wasn't just a bad choice is was almost masochistic -- 100ft long and about a 30 to 40 foot rise. I ran 6 repeats and my quads felt like they were on fire at the end of each run. I had to take a minute or two to rest between repeats. When I started to job back to the jeep to get on the bike, I could almost audibly hear may upper legs saying 'NO!'....but as I jogged back, everything loosened up some more. When I got back to the jeep, my legs were still in shock, but I hopped on the bike and pedaled for 35 minutes like I was supposed to do.

Hard workout, but the hill work was a real attention getter.

No comments: