Friday, August 24, 2007

8-23-07 Later than I wanted

Schedules are made to be broken, apparently. I've tried to keep my schedule pretty loose this weekend - approaching a midnight race is oddly confusing to my training. . I had planned on doing 6-8 on Thursday. I figured that it would allow me a little longer run, but not humongous mileage (like a 10+ miler). After the day I had at work Thursday, I NEEDED to do an 8 miler. However, when I got home, I remembered that I had agreed to work on a family member's new laptop - they had called and offered to buy dinner for us since I'd be working at their house. So, the 8 miler was immediately scratched from the list. We went for a leisurely dinner, and it was at a 'less than health conscious' establishment - lots of fried foods. I elected for fried chicken strips and fries (about the only thing on the menu that I wanted to stomach at that moment). After dinner, we stayed at their house until nearly 8pm - my run was getting shorter the later it got. Steph and I got to the park it was already dark. I chose to run 4 and stay with her since it was so dark. It was a good run, and it was much cooler than it would have been if my schedule would have been clearer - I'd have started when it was still hot and daylight and run farther, possibly even hit some trails.


Steph and I planned on a morning run for Friday.

1 comment:

mike said...

Waiting anxiously for Race Report!