Friday, August 24, 2007

8-24-07 Early and short again

I've been wrestling with how far/hard to run in these last few days before the Country's race, but erring on the side of shorter and resting up. Steph and I got up at 5am this morning and only ran 2 miles (remember we had just done a late 4 miler about 8 hrs prior) - and remember, I don't like morning runs before work. We did the 2 miles kind of quickly - which is good because it got me going good without going far. It was still dark by the time we got home and hit the showers. We'll get up Sat morning and run another 2 miles so that her running doesn't lag due to my race prep. I'll still probably run about 1/2 mile just before the race to warm up a bit.

I did the calculations and to run this race in 25 minutes or less, I have to pace an average of 8:03 per mile - I'm hoping I can do that with a combination of music, adrenaline and end of the race kick - if not, well, there's always next year.

No comments: