Tuesday, November 06, 2007

11-5-07 Monday - Longer Swim

Swim. I was a little worried about swimming - it's a 'no-impact' activity on my knee, but I wasn't sure about the constant kicking. I didn't cause any discomfort when I started, so I paddled onward. I planned on 15 laps, but wound up doing 25. I felt pretty good, and the local swim team was practicing, so I was watching them, and taking notes, and trying new things with my strokes. I also tried to take little or no rest between 2-lap sets (50 meters at a stretch), and a couple of runs were 3 lap stretches (75 meters). 25 laps x 25 meters = 625 meters : that pushes me closer to my kilometer per swim goal. I'll have to get to the point of doing 40 laps (could be tricky to keep up with lap counts at that point. I'll have to devise some sort of system to track laps.

I've got a appointment with the doctor @ 10am Tuesday to look at my knee - hopefully he'll be able to help.

No comments: