Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Big Catchup post

I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd update the blog. I put the training calendar at the top of the page (mostly just to see if I like it - - jury is still out on that).

I'm also doing this posting on a new keyboard - again, the jury is still out.

3-17-08 (24 of 92) - Last night was supposed to be the last night of my recovery week, but I just had to run farther. I know it has a purpose, but a 14 minute run just seems wasteful - I barely have time to work up a decent heart rate, them I'm kind of wired the rest of the night. I feel like I need to do 2 more workouts to balance it. So last night I decided to just do a long easy run. I didn't even have a set distance in my head, but I figured I'd go for about 5 or 6 miles. When I got home, Steph said she wanted to run with me, so she came along. We ran 6.5 miles in 1:13:01. We took several stretch and walk breaks to avoid it being a torturous workout. I'm pretty sure that's the farthest Steph has ever run (she had also run about 45 minutes earlier in the day - - she's on spring break this week). However, the distance did aggrevate my right knee a little. It still felt good to run a little longer.


3-16-08 - Rest Day

3-15-08 (23 of 92) - Recovery SwiB - Slow swim and an easy ride on the stationary (14 minute swim, and 29 minute bike ride). I made an effort to go as slowly as I could on the swim - focusing on form and breathing, and my turns. Did 30 laps The bike ride was at a comfortable pace (not slow, but easy). I also did dailies.

3-14-08 (22 of 92) - Recovery Run - 14 minute run scheduled, but did a recovery SwiB instead because of scheduling issues and time. Swam slowly/easily - still have some work to do on my breathing. Did 28 laps. Biked for 25 minutes - had to leave the gym because they were closing, so I didn't get to do the last 5 minutes of the ride. Only did 1 round of dailies because of time.

3-13-08 (21 of 92) - Recovery SwiB- 14/29 SwiB scheduled, but flipped to a 14 minute run instead because of scheduling issues. My daughter was inducted into the Beta club at school, so the cermony took precedence over a day of training. Steph and I went out about 8pm (after ceremony and dinner) to do a brief 14 minute run....oohh...mexican food + late run = uncomfortable. Jalepeno dip is GREAT (the first time around), and fajitas sit heavy for a while after you eat them. The run wasn't bad, but I was glad it was a short one. We did 1.43 miles in 00:14:24.

3-12-08 (20 of 92) - Recovery Run - We ran at the dam and did a 14 minute short run at a comfortable pace. We did 1.5 miles in 00:14:07.

No comments: