Monday, April 14, 2008

4-12-08 (47 of 92) Swim and run

I modified the workout again today to account for the new swim training. I got to the pool before it opened and was doing some weight lifting when they finally opened the doors. I changed quickly and was the first person in the pool. It's cool when no one else is there besides the lifeguards. It seems more relaxing - probably just me though. I stayed in the water for 2 hours doing drills for TotalImmersion. When I started doing the drills last Tuesday, I got to a point with one of the first drills (the most basic one) where it just clicked. It was kind of like my body said -"oh, that's what we're doing now...okay". Then the drill fell into place and it was much easier. I got the same click on Thursday with the next drill in the sequence...Click! - "okay, we get it." I was almost to the click on the Saturday workout, but I felt like I was loosing concentration and getting hungry. After some weights and 2 hours in the water, I decided to forgo the biking because I wanted to go to Columbus to get my NEW bike.

When I got home, Steph wanted me to run with her, so we went to the dam and did 3 miles in 29:50. So I didn't get to bike, but I still got a double workout.

Then we went to Mike's Bikes in Columbus, and I bought my new bike. It should be in the shop in about 7 days.

No comments: