Friday, May 16, 2008

5-16-08 & 5-15-08 Miss and Swim (74 and 75 of 92)

My inner coach is very disappointed with me today. It rained..HARD, yesterday. As I left work, it was coming down hard, and I was questioning whether or not I'd get out into it. It's still a little cool around here when it rains (and I hate the idea of my new bike getting in the storm). Safety was also a factor - who wants to crash a bike in the rain. So I took the night off and spent some time off. I probably should have gone to the gym and lifted weights (need to get weight training into the routine again - but when??). So much for workout #74.

This morning, I arose again @ 5am to go swim. I had a good swim and did 66 laps which is 1650 meters - just over a mile. It took about 45 minutes again, and I think that 1 mile is the limit of how far I can swim in the morning. I could probably swim 2 miles if I had the time, but 1 mile gives me enough time to shower and get ready for work without being too rushed. When school is out, I'll have more time in the mornings and my undertake some 2 mile days (oohh 130 laps is gonna be a bear to keep up with). This morning I only took breaks to move the makers and keep up with lap count. I even made sure I swam on my back while I cleared my goggles.

Snorkel guy was there again today too, in the lane next to me again.

A cup of coffee would have been good after the swim (or before it), but I don't wanna start that habit.


I think next weekend I'll dedicate some time at the park to working on transitions.

BTW, the Florida Ironman 70.3 is Sunday - I wonder if I'll be able to find any coverage on the net.

1 comment:

Ben G said...

Sounds pretty tough. I'm just starting to swim and I can only do 1/4 mile with short breathing breaks after each lap.