Monday, February 09, 2009

Didn't get to splash today - this is my grumpy look


When I got to the pool today @ 5:30, they told me it was closed due to maintenance that didn't get finsihed this weekend. The bad thing is that @ 5am, I knew they'd done maintenance, and I almost called the gym to verify they were done before I drove to the other end of town - - always follow the gut.


2-7-08

I did get to run 5.25 miles on the tready - did intervals and wore the heartrate monitor - interesting.


I love my new HR monitor. When I step up up to the treadmills, they light up with my heartrate. It has the added bonus of affecting the other treadmills adjacent to me . You should have seen the panic on the little old man's face next to me when his heart rate went from 75 bpm to 150 bpm within 5 seconds---- he left. I tried the constant HR workout, but I had to stop after a mile, becuase it didn't feel like a workout. The treadmill told me I should be working @ 132 bpm... my max HR is about 185... 132 is a crawl. The tready had me slowed down to 4.5 mph @ one point...I was almost walking. I did that for a mile, then stopped an programmed some good hard intervals for the next 4o mins. After than (dripping with sweat) I did weights and core workout.

No comments: