Saturday, June 30, 2007

C25K W10d5 (6-30-07)

Rush post.

I'm supposed to be leaving in 2 hrs to take my church youth group to Tennessee for the week, so this morning has been moving pretty fast.

Today was my 'graduation run' for C25K - it's the last run on the schedule, and it was supposed to be 5 miles. Since I knew the schedule would be tight today (as it was last night), I decided to cut it down to just 2 miles, so I would finish at about the same time as Steph, and so we wouldn't be on the road for the hour that it would take me to do 5 miles. Good decision - time is always against you when you plan a church trip.

We got up early and were out the door by 8:15. I only ran the 2 miles I had planned, but I did the mileage on the flattest part of the dam ('S' line to a turnaround @ the 1 mile marker). I was already warm by the time we got on the road, and the humidity was (I'm estimating here) about 286%. I usually run shirtless, but I kept it on today, and I was drenched at the end of 2 miles. At 5 miles, I'd have looked like I just got out of the pool. It was a good run, and I tried to stretch out my legs a little on the last 3/4 mile. It took about a mile to warm up, then I sped up a little. I couldn't find ANYTHING I wanted to listen to on the mp3 player. I have some USMC cadences on my player, but I couldn't find any of them. I finally found one after the run was done, and I was on my cool-down walk back to the Jeep to stretch.

I used a bigger water bottle, and mixed up some pretty weak Gatorade. Weak Gatorade sucks: it kind of burns the back of my throat- I'll just go back to mixing full strength.

I'm a little closer to my weight goal today - the scale said 158 this morning before I ran - - - 8 more to go.

No comments: