Monday, June 25, 2007

C25K W10d1 (6-25-07) Final Week!!

It seems like this week has been a long time coming (10 weeks to be exact), but this is the last week of C25K, so next week, I need to be on a new routine.

Tonight I was scheduled to run 5 miles, but when I got to the turnaround @ 2.5 miles the end of the park road just seemed too close to waste. So I went a total of 5.6 tonight ( these 5.6 pushes makes the 6 mile coming up this week not seem so big). I did the standard .5 maker starting point, and ran to the West Point side of the park and back. No pains or odd feelings. I've noticed it takes about a mile to a mile and a half for my legs to get warmed up good, and everything to fall into rhythm (that's a cool statement since when I started in January a mile was my long run, and I was toasted at the end of it). The temperature was pretty mild, and since it was overcast, the sun didn't beat down so hard. I didn't stretch my legs out at the end like I did last week, just took it at what felt like a nice easy pace. I haven't been timing myself, but we were on a tight schedule tonight, so Steph and I had a rendezvous time worked out, and I carried my phone since I had asked my 14 yr old daughter to start some cooking while we were gone. I looked at my phone when Steph and I separated and it was about 5:45, when I finished it was 6:45. I ran 5.6 miles, so that puts me on a pace of roughly 10:45 per mile. My goal for the midnight race is 27 minutes which is roughly 8:30 per mile - that's gonna be tough to do, but hopefully, 30 miles per week for the next several weeks will get me close to it.

Saturday I'm supposed to run 5 miles, but that might be tricky. I'm travelling with my church group to Tennessee at 3pm, so I'll try to run early that morning.


Tonight was Steph's first run in her new shoes. We went to Below the Knee on Saturday and she got a pair of Nike Air Pegasus. She loved them, she says she didn't realize shoes could be so light.

I did a good stretch at the end, and chugged down my whole squirt bottle of Gatorade. I may need to start carrying 2 bottles just for myself.

No comments: