Monday, July 30, 2007

7-30-07 Back to the miles!

Today was my first run of the week to get back to the longer miles. I ran 5 miles today at the dam, from the 'Start' line. I ran the first 1.5 miles with Steph at her pace, then ran the remainder at my own pace (not that I'm sure that's much quicker). It was hard getting back to longer miles, but I think it was mainly due to the heat. We ran about 6pm, and it was still pretty warm. We did have the benefit of some shade, but a couple of the miles were in 0% shade. There was no breeze, so the heat just built up - I was extremely thankful for my bottle of Gatorade at the end of the run.










It was good to do a longer run, and toward the end of the run, things started to 'sync up'. During the 1st 3 to 3.5 miles, it felt like my legs had forgotten how to run. It felt like I was running barefooted. The footfalls felt like they were un-padded, but not painful in any way, just not any rebound. I guess my legs will 'learn' again - amazing they affects of 1 week of not doing longer miles. At least my thigh's didn't hurt any during the run.

No comments: