Sunday, July 29, 2007

7-28-07 New Route

Today was the last day of me recovery week. Steph and I opted to not run at the dam, but rather went to the rails to trails paths. We hadn't measured the route off, but figured that if we ran for 35 minutes, it would take care of her 3 miles. It was an interesting run, because from where we started, it was almost ALL uphill for the first half - it wasn't a brutal uphill, but it was persistent. The good thing about running all uphill of the first part, is that the last part is mostly cruising downhill. We enjoyed the run pretty well, although it did make us get to dinner a little late.

Next week (Monday) I start back with my regular mileage. I'll probably run about 1.5 miles with Steph for my warm up, and then run the remainder of my mileage at my own pace.

Someone had marked the R2T route, but the must have started DEEP in Riverview. The first marker Steph and I saw was for 5 miles, and they had marked 1/4 mile increments. I'll investigate further and probably use their marks when I want to not run at the dam.

No comments: