Monday, October 29, 2007

10-28-07 Sunday sweat

I didn't get to work out Saturday, so I made it up on Sunday. I'd done 2 days of weights and decided to try a new routine (I really don't enjoy the elliptical that much - too stationary). I'd ready an article on doing 'something' besides just an exercise routine - - basically 'playing' your workout. I decided to try my hand on the racket ball court instead of hamster-ing on the elliptical. It was fun, but I had to focus to keep myself moving. It's a little trickier to keep yourself moving when it's just you out there and no one to compete against (still don't think I want to do that). I may do that occasionally just to change up a little, but I don't' think it will be a part of the routine. I played for about 45 minutes, and worked up a good sweat. Monday morning, my butt was kind of sore (new muscle groups being worked).

After I played, I went to the weight room to do some ab work. I did 4 sets of 20 hanging crunches, and 3 sets of a new weighted ab exercise I learned (oh, and push ups).

I'm adding push ups like my old wresting coach had us do them: one more per day - - this ought to be fun.

No comments: