Friday, November 02, 2007

11-1-07

Thursday was supposed to have been my 1st day allowed to run after a hiatus of a few weeks to heal a sore knee. I decided not to do weight instead (to attempt to take advantage of some scheduling). I did weights and a lot of abs. Did 3 circuits, and some new ab excercises I learned from Runner's World - still trying to find a good routine to get back some definition in my midsection, and trying to keep it interesting so I don't get into a rut. Still doing incremented push ups.

I did do a 'short' run for a warmup. I ran a mile on the dreadmilll, but I was in my cross trainers, so it wasn't exactly a flowing run. It did work up a good sweat before the weights, and got my heart rate up pretty well - I did it a 6 mph pace on a 4% incline. While it felt good to run again, I did still have a little discomfort in my right knee.

I'll continue to monitor my knee.

No comments: