Saturday, March 08, 2008

3-8-08 (17 of 92) Looonnnngg workout

Next week is 'rest' week...all the workouts are scaled back to give my body time to recover/rebuild, so I took the opportunity today to give it something to recover from.

The schedule was: 24 minute swim and a 48 minute ride ( + dailies)... the reality was:

2 mile run on the treadmill @ a little faster than 10 min/mile
48 minutes on the bike (about 15 miles - should have been 16, but I had to stop often at the beginning to adjust seat/pedals, etc)
5 minutes of practicing flip turns with the nose plug (much easier when I don't have to worry about drowning myself, or running out of air)
24 minute swim (50 laps - the last 2 out of spite just to get a round number)
change shirts again, then,
3.1 miles (5k) on the treadmill (in 26:45 - pretty fast for the state I was in)


Let me put this in perspective...I covered 20 miles today on land (+ .77 miles in the water)....

The triathlon distance will be 15 miles on land and .46 miles in the water..

so today, I did a Sprint triathlon and then some...next week, I'll have plenty to recover from.

I officially retired my Asics Cumulus shoes today. I hadn't worn them much over the last two weeks, but today within 1.25 miles on the first run, and after about 2 miles on the 2nd run, my knee made itself known. I guess they've just taken too much of a beating.

Tired...very tired.

No comments: