Thursday, July 10, 2008

Up and early

Up @ 5 this morning for a 4 miler with Steph. We went to the dam and ran from the day use parking area. I was thinking on the run (and it was re-enforced at the end) that is must be a little bit of a mental hill for Steph to climb when we run 'non-standard' routes. I know she enjoys taking different paths on our runs, but then we're never quite sure where the 'end' of the run is going to come out. She just kind of keeps running until I wave the 'stop' sign. I would get her a GPS so she can track her runs as well, but I don't think she'd use it, or be comfortable with it.

This morning we did an out-and-back on a semi-known stretch of the park, and when we got back we were still .5 mile short, so I turned back around and kept going for another 1/4 mi out-and-back to round out the 4 miles. When I turned back I could see the WTH look on her face - she thought we were done, and I kind of felt like the mean sadistic coach.


4 miles @ 37:12 (9:18 pace)....ouch I just did the pace calculation. I was really trying to keep us on about a 10 minute pace, but I guess we over ran that a bit.

No comments: