Thursday, March 19, 2009

3-19-09 long w/fartlek

I did a long run tonight. I went 10 miles in about 90 minutes.. The funny thing is what I learned: if you in the middle of a run, and you need to make a decision about whether to go longer, or be sensible - stop the MP3 player. Tonight it was on "Eye of the Tiger" - it's impossible to make a sensible, rational decision about pushing yourself with that song in your head. It feels like Rocky will run up behind you and punch you if you wimp out.... so I went 10 miles instead of 8.

I did a couple of 1/4 mile fartleks during the run in lieu of doing a legit speed workout, but I figured I get more benefit from the the distance than a hard speed workout.

Saw lots of people at the dam.... walkers, bikers, fishers, waders.....but no runners - odd.

No comments: