Monday, March 16, 2009

3-16-09 no swim, but still very wet

I planned on going to the pool this morning at 5am, but when I got up, it was raining pretty hard and I just couldn't muster the will to go be cold, and hope the water was warm. I decided that I'd go the pool after work, but when I got there @ 5:30 in the evening, it was full - the swim team was having practice. I decided to go home, get some shoes and hit the trails. It was still raining, but the temp was not too bad.

I grabbed my trail shoes and a long sleeve wicking shirt and hit the dam. I couldn't have gotten any wetter if I'd gone to the pool. It was a really good run: I did about 5.8 miles in 1:04:13. I took several breaks to just look around. It rained on my for most of the run, and I saw a lot of wildlife - 1 huge turkey, and six deer. The last 3 deer were standing together just off the trail, and when we saw each other I was about 4 miles into the run, and something in my brain yelled: "Go after them". As soon as we all knew about each other, they exploded - and so did I. It was a fun chase, but it only lasted about 30 or 40 seconds - I was at a full sprint hurdling downed trees and ditches.. I was winded and tired at the end, and soaked.

Fun run, though.

No comments: