Saturday, June 23, 2007

C25K W9d5

Today was another good run, but hot - even in the morning. Steph and I hit the road at 8:30 and it was already pretty warm ( I meant to check the temp on the bank clock, but got sidetracked). I am not a morning runner, but it still went okay.

I was scheduled for 5 miles, and I did the 5 (and no more) starting at the .5 mile marker and going to the turnaround at the 3 mile marker. I'm still not wearing my watch, and I think it's probably a good thing - I think less about my time. I have been making an effort to make sure I'm running upright and not hunching over as I run. It's amazing how much you can glean from you shadow - it lets me know if I'm sagging my shoulders, or not controlling my body movements. I feel like if I run 'ragged', then I'm probably not doing well. But if I can controll my upper body, and not run like I'm worn out, then at the end of the run, I don't feel so worn out (Odd, I know, and probably mostly in my head, but...).

Toward the end of the run (last quarter mile), my legs felt REALLY good, and I couldn't help but stretch out my stride, by the time I crossed the start point, I was covering a lot of ground and moving pretty fast - it felt great! Of course I know I was going WAY over pace, and could not maintain that for very long, but it was the end of the run, so I gave it a little more speed. I downloaded a re-mix of 'Sweet Home Alabama' and Nelly - 'Country Grammar', and that song came on the MP3 player right at the end, so the music had me going pretty good.

Steph also did good on her run, and afterwards we went to Below the Knee and got her fitted for some good running shoes - so I'm sure she's ready to give them a try. Sunday is rest day, so I/we can't wait for Monday evening .

Here's what next week looks like for me:

Week 10:
Day 1: 5 miles
Day 2: 4 miles
Day 3: 5 miles
Day 4: 6 miles
Day 5: 5 mile

Day 4 is going to be fun.

No comments: