Tuesday, June 12, 2007

C25K W8d2

I did a little modification to the scheduled run this afternoon. I was scheduled to run 3 miles tonight, and 4 miles on Thursday, but I switched those two days since the temperature was nice tonight at the dam. I wasn't sure how hot it would be on Thursday evening, so I elected to offer myself a shorter option that night.

I ran without my watch again tonight (this time it was intentional) to see if it would make me slow down a little and relax a bit more during my runs. It's really too early to tell, but so far, so good. I've still feel a little naked without it on though.

Tonight I ran from the .5 mile marker to the 2.5 mile marker, and at the end, I tacked on a little extra distance to get me to the Jeep quicker (only about 1/8 mile extra, but...). The run felt really good, but my legs knew I was adding distance tonight. At about mile 3.5 I could feel my quads pretty distinctly - a little soreness, and tired. I didn't eat as well as I should have today, so I attribute some of the fatigue to that.

It wasn't nearly as hot as it was on Saturday, or even last night. There was a fairly constant breeze when I was in sight of water. Just before I got back onto the dam on my return trip, I saw a turtle body surfing down one of the grass embankments headed for the water, and that gave me a good laugh.

I also started looking at a schedule for my 'post-week10' training in prep for the Beulah race, and for the Midnight Express race. That will probably take me a few days of tweaking to be happy with it, but I'm shooting for 30mpw with a long run on Saturday mornings or evenings.

I've noticed a significant difference since I've switched from water to Gatorade for my runs since the heat has come on so strong.

No comments: