Saturday, June 16, 2007

C25K W8d???

What day is is, what day is it??? Last night (or is it this morning) was the local Relay-for-Life event for the American Cancer Society, so the training schedule has been thrown into severe turmoil.

I was scheduled to run 3 miles on Saturday, but since R4L was Saturday night, I decided I would do my run there. I was scheduled to walk a 30 minute block (you'll see why this is laughable in a sec) @ 1am. But when we got to the venue, the organizers had moved it form the high school football field/track. The event was moved indoors due to impending bad weather (which, btw, never showed up--Grrrrrr!!!). After I saw that we would be walking inside the Valley Sportsplex, I decided that I probably wouldn't be able to run as planned (due to a very cramped environment). The Bloodsouth Blood-mobile was there, and I figured that since I wouldn't be running, and would not be doing my walk for several hours, that I would donate. So now, I'm a pint low, in a cramped environment, and having to eat junk food on site.

Steph and I started walking MUCH sooner than I probably should have, and I had to slow down several times, and stop for sugar-rich drinks to combat my low blood sugar and blood-loss related fatigue. We ended up walking about 6 hours (2 hour sessions, 3 times that night), because so FEW people were walking (again, probably due to not being at the track, and the generally uncomfortable environment of walking around a basketball court with tents set up around it. I estimate that we did about 20 miles (given our pace, and time walked), so I'm not sure I'd call this a wash of a day, but I don't' think I'll be running anymore until Monday at the earliest.

No comments: