Tuesday, June 12, 2007

C25K W8d1

Last night was hectic, so I didn't get to post this right after my run (like I prefer to do). The weather was much more tolerable yesterday evening than it was on Saturday morning (how could it be much worse?). I ran the scheduled 3 miles again, on the same route (starting @ .5 mile marker and turning around @ 2 mile marker). The temperature was a little better, but it was about 6pm, so there was shade in places along the route. There was also a slight breeze at the beginning of the run, but it faded as I got closer to the end - almost no breeze for the last 3/4 mile. I did make sure I was well hydrated for this run, so that wasn't an issue. I also took 2 bottles of Gatorade for me and Steph, and we still drained both bottles - but it wasn't as life-and-death as Saturday. I told Steph, I may need to start pre-driving the route and stashing bottles of water/Gatorade in the bushes at 1 mile intervals, once my daily mileage gets a little higher.

I also forgot to take my watch with me, which threw me off a little. I'm not concerning myself with my time too much at this stage, but it's nice to have an idea of the pace that I'm running. Since I didn't have my watch, I dont' have any real idea of how long it took to run the 3 miles last night - but I imagine that it was still about a 10 minute mile pace. I may try running without my watch for the remainder of the program to see if it will help me slow down and go a little easier on myself for the last 3 weeks, since the runs will be getting longer.

I'm looking forward to getting back into the normal routine, and not having to run on an unfamiliar route like last week.

No comments: