Wednesday, June 20, 2007

C25K W9d2 - failure

Well, Tuesday was a total wash (as far as running goes).

I got to run exactly zero miles. I HATE it when I miss a run.

I had to got to Atlanta 1st thing Tuesday morning to work on turning up a GigE link (actually a 2.5Gig wavelength on a GigE interface), and it took much longer than expected to get all the players together. Then the storms hit, so the drive home was much slower, so I didn't get home until just before 6. Then we had a meeting @ church at 7pm, so there was not time to run (in the storm). We didn't leave the church until 9:30. I almost left @ 9:30 to go run a quick 2 miles, just to get me legs stretched a little, but decided I could probably benefit from the rest after this weekend, and the poor day I had on Monday.

I'll also take Wednesday as a rest day, and pick back up on Thursday (should be a 5 mile day). I'll need to be especially careful about what I eat on Thursday because it will be the furthest I've run since I was in high school - and even then I was a sub-par runner, so I probably never went longer than about 6 miles on my longest days (this is the part where I regret not keeping a running log during school). I'm really venturing into new areas with this - I'm a little antsy, but looking forward to it.


Week 9:
Day 1: 4 miles - Monday (this was my nightmare run)
Day 2: 3 miles - Tuesday (missed this day)
Day 3: 5 miles - Thursday
Day 4: 4 miles - Friday
Day 5: 5 miles - Saturday

No comments: