Wednesday, July 11, 2007

7-10-07

Late Post:

I almost forgot to do a post for my run yesterday!

Hopefully the schedule can begin to get back to a little more normal now - I was scheduled to run 6 miles tonight. I left the house around 5:30 because I had a commitment @ 7pm with family, and knew I would need more than an hour to cover the miles. I finished the 6 miles okay, but it was very hot and more humid than any person should have to deal with. By the time I got done with my run, it looked like I'd just gotten out of the sauna. The humidity was far worse than the heat, but I still would have liked to wait until later in the evening to run. I'm glad I didn't because we didn't get back home until after 10pm.

The 6 miles went alright, but I did notice a little discomfort in my hip (towards the front near the groin) that felt like a strained or damaged tendon. I've had the pulling pain for most of my life, but it's just been an annoyance more than anything. It didn't bother me for most of the run, but towards the end of it, I did notice it more. I iced the area well, as well as my thighs. As I was icing it, I remembered that I'd had a hernia repaired on that side when I was in high school - I wonder if what I'm feeling is related to the patching material the put in me back then? I'll keep a monitor on it.

No comments: