Thursday, July 12, 2007

7-12-07 Weird feeling

It's so weird to feel this way. I was supposed to do 4 miles tonight, but there were no plans tonight, my daughter was away from the house, Steph had no big plans for the evening, and when I got to 4 miles, it seemed like too good of an evening to waste. I worked late, so we got to the dam later than usual, and the temp was nice. We started at the opposite end of the park, which put several hills early in the run, and gave a new scenery perspective.

When I got to the 2mile mark and was preparing to turn around, this little voice in my head ( I call it the stupid wrestler that I used to be) called out and said, "Hey, the dam is just a mile further down the road - that's a 6 mile run on a great evening to run...I'll meet you at the 3 mile turnaround." So, there I was, rocking along, singing a song, and adding 2 miles to my planned run. When I got back around and met Steph walking to meet me, she was just grinning - she knew what I'd done. My legs didn't bark at me, the pain in my hip/groin didn't make itself known, my feet felt good, the longer I ran, the easier it got and the faster I went - It was just a GREAT night running - I felt like I could have gone forever. That is a weird sensation, especially to someone who used to run because he had to do it.


Steph also had a GREAT run, she said that when she got to the halfway point, she was still waiting for it to get difficult. She's well into C25K (the original version), but instead of running 4 days a week, she's running 5 so she run when I do. Today was 25 minutes (I think), and she said it just flew by, and was very enjoyable. She's even talking about running a local 5K with me next year.

No comments: