Sunday, July 22, 2007

7-21-07 - Road to Recovery

I decided to start to back down my miles for the coming week to recover a little. I had been looking forward to an 8 mile run today, but I didn't think that I realistically had 8 miles in me - given the feel of the last few runs. Instead, I opted to just run 3 miles back at my original location (at the dam, starting from the 'Start' line). The run was pretty good. I didn't push myself harder just because it was a shorter run, I tried to relax, and just enjoy the music and the scenery - get back into the recreational aspect. The hill between 1.25 miles and 1.5 miles (at the turnaround) is still pretty brutal, but at the top of it, I get to turn around and roll right back down it. My thighs have been feeling horrible during the last few runs, and the hurt a little today as well, but the shorter run didn't make them feel abused like the have been feeling. We didn't get out to run as early as we would have liked (stayed up to late Friday night), so when we got out, it was pretty hot and humid - not murderous, but still tough.

I told Steph that I may just run with her next week. She is on her final week of C25K, and next week is 30 minute runs for her. Shorter runs will be a good recovery week, then I can get back into the swing of things - hopefully with renewed legs!!!

BTW: I'm actually posting this on Sunday night - haven't had time to complete the post since Saturday. Given the choice between running or blogging - I chose to run!

I appreciate the comments some of you left on my 7-20-07 post. To be honest, I didn't think ANYONE was reading this blog, except for my wife, and family in Columbus, GA. The thoughts of support are greatly appreciated. I'm assuming that I was found on the Running Family Blog Directory.

Also, I am now registered for the Midnight Express. They finally opened up registration, and I took care of it Sat afternoon after my run. This will be a chip race (my first), so I get to do something new during this race. Me and Steph drove around the route (entire race is run through some neighborhoods) after I registered and got a map. I had forgotten that the race route takes me past my old Jr. High School (Richard's Warriors) - it has fallen into severe disrepair, but time marches on, I guess.

No comments: