Tuesday, July 24, 2007

7-24-07 Nice and Easy

Well, I missed my run yesterday (Monday) because I had a homeowner issue that I had to deal with, and then had a meeting at the church @ 7pm. But I did get to run tonight - this is my "take it easy" week, so I will not be logging any long runs. Tonight I ran with Steph for her 30 minute run. Her podcast is messed up, so we just talked for the 30 minutes. I took it nice and slow, and didn't feel any real pains, nor burnout. I did, however, work in the yard on Sunday, so my hamstrings have felt horrible for the last 2 days. Not running last night may have been a good thing, after all. I won't run tomorrow (Wed is an off day), and Thursday I'll run with Steph again.

I'm very proud of her, instead of just doing 30 minutes, she wanted to push on until we finished a full 3 miles. I think that's the farthest she's run in her whole life. She made the comment that she NEVER could have done that 9 weeks ago. She was pretty worn out when we got to 3 miles, but she seemed happy with it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Steph! You two just amaze me. I'm so proud of you both. Keep it up...I'm still looking for beep ball tickets. Any suggestions?