Friday, October 12, 2007

10-11-07 Oww, Ow, Owww

Yeah..that's a little sore there. So Tuesday was circuit training day - good, right? Weights and sit-ups. Thursday is to be cardio day - and sit-ups. When I went in last night, my abs had been tender all day Wednesday, and off an on during the day on Thursday. I got on the eliptical and started when I remembered -- "ooh, situps". So I went to the rack and started doing my hanging crunches - - that hurts, the muscles in my mid section are tender from all the sit-ups/hanging crunches from Tuesday - even on my sides. This is a good thing. It means I'm hitting the right areas, but it's going to take a little time to condition to the new workout. The workout looked like this:

  • Hanging crunches x10
  • incline sit-ups x10
  • Hanging crunches x10
  • incline sit-ups x10
  • 45 minutes on elliptical
  • Hanging crunches 2x10
The elliptical was interesting. I'm still investigating all the workout routines programmed in the trainer. Last night I did the 'Cross Training' program, and I had to pedal backwards for extended periods - odd. I was also playing with my new Zune during the workout and tried to watch some video while I was on the elliptical - that may have been distracting me from working out as hard - more trial and error needed there.

No comments: