Tuesday, October 09, 2007

10-9-07 Circuit

Today was the first day on the circuit routine at the gym - - - WOW - it wears on you quickly. I was able to complete 2 circuits, and most of the 3rd. I over expended myself, and had to stop near the end because I didn't want to collapse or hurl in the presence of strangers. I took about an hour to do (including warm up and stretching afterwards). I've got to remember to take a water bottle with me, and hit it often. The general pattern of the circuit is 10 reps on each machine, and 3 circuits. The workout today looked like this:

  • 5 minutes on the elliptical (level 4 resistance) to get my heart rate up a little.
  • Hanging crunches (4 sets of 10 on the first circuit, just 10 on the next 2 circuits
  • Bench press
  • Lat pull
  • Tricep pushes
  • Incline bench press
  • Incline Sit ups
  • Upright overhead press
  • Leg curls
  • Leg lifts
  • Squats
  • Toe squats
  • Resistance ab crunches (front, then each side)
  • Full arm curls
  • Thigh compressions
  • Thigh expansions

I made it through 2 full circuits, but I had to stop after the resistance ab crunches. I felt like I was overheating, and overworking. I took some time to lie down and stretch before I left the gym. I was tired/exhausted, and most of me was twitching when I left, but it was a good workout.

I'll rest tomorrow and do cardio on Thursday.

No comments: