Tuesday, November 13, 2007

11-12-07 Monday - Tide, stride and ride

Monday night was a good long workout. It had been a hard day at work, and Steph and Tif were to be gone to the church for the evening....no rush, no plans - good night to take some time and enjoy the workout (even if I can't run right now). I've been getting myself kind of pumped up over the Triathlon next summer - the swimming routine is helping that mindset.

I started with a swim. I swam 20 laps non-stop - this is my 500m distance for raceday. Now I just need to continue to increase that distance up to 1km per day. I did not take beaks between laps and I made my turns without touching the bottom in the shallow end, or grabbing the wall to a respite. I tried to make it as close to open water distance as I could. I rested for a couple of minutes and decided to do 5 more laps - 4 slowly and the last one at a sprint.

I changed clothes and went to the weight room to do some push ups and hanging crunches, then I did 3o minutes on the elliptical (that should have equaled close to a 3 mile run), then I got on the stationary bike for about 20 minutes. I was going to do 30 minutes, but I could already feel my legs getting very tired, and I didn't want to over work just for the sake of over working. I'll have planned hard days as the race gets closer.

Tomorrow is weights - I'll just do upper body and floorwork again. No leg exercises until Dec 1.

No comments: