Friday, February 15, 2008

2-14-08 Thursday

Another hard workout (double again). Today was swim/run. I swam 20 laps with flip turns (really suck at those), then ran 2.5 miles, then did push ups, sit ups, dips, pull ups, stretching.

I've been working on a schedule for my workouts (I've been flying on the seat of my pants since I hurt my knee in October). I think I've settled on a base triathlon workout schedule, but I need to tweak it a bit. I also need some guidelines so I don't overtrain and hurt myself. I'm going to try and keep my running mileage down to no more than 4 miles per run (usually 2 or 3). I also think I'm going to try working in a morning weight session once a week - I want to get to a 6 day a week schedule - resting on Sundays. Cycling time is going to be 30 mins to an hour in training, and swimming, I'll work up to 30 laps or more with turns.

I'll be doing doubles most of the time - swimming and running, or swimming and biking, or biking and running. This should begin to acclimate my body to the transitions. I may try to do an all three workout (about 60% race distance) on a Saturday about a month before the race.

No comments: