Monday, March 24, 2008

3-24-08 (30 of 92) Run...Quick!!!!

This is how I felt today:


Today was a test. I was scheduled to run for 19 minutes. It's not a recovery week, so I was planning on pushing it anyway //// faster, must go faster!!

Steph suggested I try to do my goal of a 5K in 25 minutes. If you'll remember (start flashback music) - I missed that goal at the Midnight express by 6 seconds. I can stop worrying about that six seconds now. I set the GPS for 5K, and set the imaginary runner on a 25 minute race pace....Then I CRUSHED him!!. I started out fast and pushed for 5K. Today may have possibly been the fastest 5K I've EVER run, including high school XC. If I remember: my best XC time in high school competition was 24:??.

Today, the time was:

23:20!!


I felt bullet-proof at the end of the run.

1st mile - 7:20
2nd mile - 7:26
3rd mile - 7:30

I beat the virtual runner by 1:40, and nearly a 1/4 of a mile. It felt amazing to move that fast.

But now the same old problem, when I run my next race - - what kind of goal to I set....I think I could have done 23:00 pretty easily if it had been a flat course. The end of the park we ran on had some pretty serious hills, and I was running into some strong winds.

No comments: