Tuesday, April 08, 2008

4-3-08 (39 of 92) - Failed workout

I was scheduled to do a 23/46 SwiB workout, but something just wasn't right. I think it was mental, but I've not got it figured out yet - - just odd.

I went to the pool and it was mostly deserted: no swim team, few rec swimmers. I grabbed an open lane and took some time to get used to the water. I was still hammered pretty hard from the hills workout on Tuesday (April Fool's day...and I turned out to be the fool). My legs felt like lead - no kick , and my hips hurt from the hills. After I'd practiced some flip turns and stretched a little, I began my timed swim, trying hard to go slowly and watch my form and breathing. It all fell apart almost immediately. I felt tired and sore, but worst of all, I felt un-motivated. I couldn't think my way out of it. I guess I had something on my mind and my head just got in the way of everything else. I took several breaks and tried to will myself into a workout mindset, but nothing worked. I eventually decided I wasn't accomplishing anything, so I got out, and took some rest time in the hot tub before changing and going home. I didn't even attempt the bike ride. Between the bad mental state, and the surprise temperature drop, I didn't think I'd accomplish much on the road either.


Failed workouts suck.

No comments: