Tuesday, May 06, 2008

5-5-08 (65 of 92) Makeup



Since I only got to run on Sat (race day) instead of a my planned 35/70 SwiB workout. I decided to swim and bike instead of run. Besides, I was dying to try out my new bike and new goggles. When I got to the dam, I learned that I still have some things to get over before I commit to open water swims - got some mental hurdles to overcome.

I tried to do my swim and failed miserabley, but I met another cyclist on the road and made a new friend and maybe a training partner. He also told me of some better places to do open water swims.

I got to try my new bike, and it's better, but I've still got some familiarization to do on it. I biked 21 miles @ 1:20:10. I think I need to raise the seat a little to conserver my legs more - I felt a little cramped over, and my quads noticed it quickly. In a normal Tri, I wouldn't want my legs that fatigued before the run.

No comments: