Friday, May 09, 2008

5-8-08 (68 of 92) late wet run

Still in recovery week mode, so the missed workout on Wed is not bothering me too badly. However, the long drive to and from ATL has my left knee aching a little. I ran an easy pace for 3.36 miles (00:34:18) at the dam, and the knee didn't hurt - in fact the run seemed to relieve some of the pressure on it. I stretched well afterwards, being careful not to put any sideways pressure on the knee during quad stretches. It was also my first rain run of the summer. It was just barely misting at the dam when I started - -not even enough to blur in the distance, and nice and cool. It was great - lots of wildlife around the dam. I saw a heron (in flight), about 8 geese, and several ducks skimming across the water. There was just barely a sheen of water on all the roads, and no wind ( so it didn't get too cool). By the time I finished it was nearly 9pm, and getting dark. Then I saw a red fox on the drive home. Anyway, I was glad I got to run after the day I'd had.

My swim workouts have me very worried at this point. I haven't swam a workout since last week because I can't get a lane at the pool after work, and I've not found a good place for open water swims that I feel safe enough (again - mental hurdle). I'll explore a few other places this weekend, and hopefully find a new home until swim season is over, or some kids drop out of the program.

Next race is the big one - only 24 workouts to go.

No comments: