Tuesday, June 05, 2007

C25K W7d2

I'm still in Huntsville, and I still don't have any measured area to run in, so I'm continuing to just do timed runs (and assuming a 10 minute mile). I was scheduled to run 2.5 miles today, so I ran for 25 minutes.

I didn't want to run in the same area I did last night because it didn't seem like the safest area. I looked for parks on the GPS, and found one near my hotel, so I went there to run tonight. When I got to the park, there wasn't an well defined area to run, just several baseball fields, and it was little league night, so as soon as I got there, all the kids/coaches/moms started showing up, so I left. I grabbed another 'park' from the GPS and was led into downtown Huntsville. The city has built a beautiful park with a man-made water route that winds across about 3 or 4 blocks. It wasn't the best place for running, but it was the best place I've found. There were a few other runners/walkers in the area, so I didn't feel like I was breaking any 'social boundaries'. However, most of the route was concrete - which is VERY hard on the legs, so by the end of my run it felt like the shin-splints may be returning. I've spent part of this evening doing toe-tap exercises to try and lessen any potential damage. The last thing I want it more injuries.

How about some pictures of the area . (note, all words are links to a different picture). Cool Japanese Bridge.

I ran for 25 minutes, and my left knee didn't bother me much, but I'll continue to ice it.

I'm supposed to take Wednesday's off, but since I'm out of town, and will be traveling/schooling ALL day Thursday, I'll run on Wednesday and let Thursday be my rest day before the weekend.

No comments: