Friday, June 08, 2007

C25K W7d4

I'm BACK! I'm back in town, and back running on my 'home turf'. If felt really good to be back on a familiar route and measuring distance again, instead of time. I did the scheduled 2.75 miles- I started at the .5 mile marker and ran to the 1.75 mile mark, then turned back and ran to the .25 mile mark. I park between the .25 mile mark and the .5 mile mark, and I try plan my route so that I don't have to run past the Jeep, then go back to it. It messes with my head a little towards the end of the run.

It was a hard run tonight because it was hot and humid, but there was no breeze at all, so it was like breathing through mud. My shirt was drenched when I got back because with no breeze and the high humidity, the sweat had nowhere to evaporate off to.

About a half mile into my run, I fell in behind another runner and paced myself with him for a while, but was going a little faster than I needed to be going, and I realized this when he turned off the road before I did (probably got tired of me shadowing him). I ran the 2.75 about a minute ahead of pace, but I think that was a mixture of the other runner, and my pushing so hard at the end (running past the parking spot, remember?).

Nothing hurt during the run (that's good), but I did feel a little tension behind my left knee. That little boo-boo seems to be fading away. I did have my first beginnings of a side stitch however. It's the first one I've gotten since I started running at the beginning of the year. I wasn't a full blown stitch, but I could feel it starting to hurt a little and it caused a little discomfort in my right collar bone (weird, huh?).

Even though it was a harder run than it should have been, it was good to run at home again. Tomorrow is the last day of Week 7, that means only 3 more weeks and then I need to be starting a new schedule and start moving my mileage up a little every week before my races start.


Next week looks like this:

Week 8:
Day 1: 3 miles
Day 2: 3 miles
Day 3: 4 miles
Day 4: 3 miles
Day 5: 4 miles


Week 10 has me doing a 6 mile run one day, so that will be fun, because it will take me from one end of the dam park to the other end. I guess I need to verify my turnaround point.

I'd have never thought that I'd be looking forward to a 6 mile run - strange changes. I have started to notice the muscles in my legs toning up more, so that's good, too.

No comments: