Monday, June 04, 2007

C25K W7d1

This afternoon was interesting. I'm on the road for work. For the next week I'll be in Huntsville, AL on a business trip (training on new equipment), so my running route will be different. I think I'll just be running for time instead of distance for the next week. I'll try and find a measured route for the next week, but that may be tough. I figure since I'm running about a 10 minute mile for my training runs that I should be running about 30 minutes for my "3 mile" runs while out of town.

I started off running along the sidewalk from my hotel after I arrived tonight, and turned down into a neighborhood. I found my way to a local elementary school that had a track behind it, and ran the majority of my time on the track (although, it was only a 1/8 mile track). I wound up running a total of 34:40 (at about a 10 minute/mile pace), so it may have been a little over 3 miles.

It was a little unsettling running through a different neighborhood, but it was still a good run.

I felt a little twinge in my left knee at the start of the run, and I iced it for a while after dinner tonight. I'll continue icing it throughout the week while out of town.

No comments: