Tuesday, October 02, 2007

10-1-07 Starting a new habit/routine

My knee still hurts a little, so I'm starting my weight training this week. Tonight was my first night at the health club, so it was kind of a 'get familiar' experience. I worked on the eliptical trainer for about 10 minutes to warm up then made the rounds to all of the equipment (mostly nautilus type stuff). And, of course, I overdid it a little. My arms are a little sore, but I expected that. After I lifted, I ran about a mile nice and easy - can't help it. My knee let me know it was still tender, but not real pain.

I'll work out again tomorrow night, but next week, I may move on to 2 nights of lifting and 3 or 4 runs per week. If my knee is tender, however, I'll lift a little more and give it more time to recover.

No comments: