Monday, October 01, 2007

9-27-07 Down in the Valley

Tonight I ran in on the Rails-to-Trails route. Someone has marked it off for a 10 mile route, and tonight I ran about 6.5. I took a short rest @ 3.25 (at my turnaround). I had been checking my watch about every mile and we keeping better than a 10 minute pace, and when I stopped @ 3.25 to stretch a little, I was at 28 minutes. I decided to try and make it back to the end of my route within an hour. I didn't feel like I was pushing too hard, but I could feel myself speeding up as I closed on the end. I definitely ratcheted up a good bit at the .75 mile mark, and I felt myself make a marked kick at each quarter mile mark. By the last quarter mile I was at a full run. I didn't realize how fast I was running the last quarter until I passed a couple with a stroller coming the other way. I saw the mild panic in Mom's face as I came blasting towards them (I moved off the path and got well clear of them - running on the grass to go around them), and when I passed by them, it was a whoosh!

When I crossed the marker, I stopped the timer - 1:00:00 exactly. I had covered a little over 6.5 miles in an hour (complete with a midpoint rest, and a 1/8 mile warm up section).

Good run.

My Local-Solutions project is mostly complete now - not as much on site work to be done, so I should be able to master my schedule a little better.

No comments: