Saturday, October 06, 2007

10-6-07 uh-oh

Well, I ran with Steph Friday night and we got out late (about 9pm) - but the weather was great. Nice and cool, not too humid, clear sky. We ran at the dam, but did an alternate route. I've not actually run a notable distance until last night and the report is not good. We ran 2 miles and it was probably my last run for a while. My knee started bothering me about 1/2 mile into the run, but almost immediately subsided, but during the run it kept getting worse, then better, then worse. By the end of the run, it had numbed a good bit, but as soon as I stopped, the pain RUSHED in. I've got some notable damage to my knee. It was still pretty sore when I got up this morning, but at least it wasn't stiff. I've kept an ace bandage on it most of the day (R.I.C.E.), and tried to keep it elevated. I've also been icing whenever possible. I'll do my exercise at the Sportsplex this week, and just spend time on the elliptical since it doesn't bother my knee. I may need to take a couple of weeks off of the road, but I don't want to lose my progress.

No comments: