Monday, October 01, 2007

9-29-07 OUCH v.2

I got up Sat morning, and my right knee was stiff. If I moved a certain way, I could feel a little pain on the outside. I decided that I still needed to run (given the non-running week I've had), but elected to go shorter.

Steph and I ran together - slowly, and carefully for about a 1.75 before I decided to stop. I didn't want to do any more damage than I may have already done.

I'll be resting it for a few days. I spent time on Saturday icing it, and trying to rest it. Sunday was an off day. Monday will probably be a forced off day, maybe Tuesday as well. I'm setting up my gym membership on Monday and had planned on starting lifting, but I may tone down the lifting and do some swimming instead until this knee gets a little better.

It's Monday morning now, and it hasn't bothered me today, but I had to hurry around a corner on Sunday, and it let me know it was still there.

Also, it looks like it's time for a new pair of shoes (this may have contributed - not 100% sure) - My Asics still look in good shape, but there's definite wear on them, and I can tell the padding has been crushed down over the last few hundred miles. I knew these were soft support shoes when I got them and the lifespan may not be wonderful - but they've lasted several months and some fairly hard miles

No comments: